Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
As Head of Automotive Engineering at Veniam, you lead, inspire and grow the team of diverse engineers who integrate the Veniam platform to world-class automotive OEMs and other key players in autonomous vehicles and future mobility. In particular, you are excited about ensuring the on-time delivery of software with the highest standards of quality, security, compliance and reliability. Moreover, you make relevant contributions to Veniam’s technology and company strategy, while creating the conditions for every team member to feel appreciated and achieve his or her goals.
Veniam’s Engineering team is delivering the data networking platform that includes the embedded networking software and cloud-based components required to move massive amounts of data between connected vehicles and the cloud. Beyond building an automotive-grade, secure, and reliable network of vehicles that are connected to each other and the Internet, the Veniam platform delivers to each application with the right level of security and Quality of Service.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, while offering unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Manage Veniam’ automotive-grade software development, while defining and owning its day-to-day implementation ;
- Lead all automotive software integration projects with auto OEMs and tier-1 providers;
- Mentor and grow a world-class automotive engineering team to drive an excellent software delivery and customer experience, setting a very high bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity;
- Drive the implementation of all necessary automotive compliance standards at Veniam;
- Coordinate teams to deliver high quality automotive-grade software on time, within budget and with the required functionality;
- Champion automotive software engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement;
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Contribute to setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth, in particular regarding how to deliver and operate Veniam’s Technology with the best industry standards;
- Make recommendations to the CTO on how to improve technology development and operations, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Work with Veniam’s Tech Council to hire the best engineers and technology professionals to build a world class technology organization;
- Participate in discussions on the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Relevant knowledge of Real-Time and Non-Real-Time automotive-grade operating systems such as Autosar, GENIVI, QNX. Microsoft Auto, Automotive Grade Linux and others.
- Experience in implementing and driving Automotive SPICE in agile environments;
- Experience in delivering ISO 26262 compliant software and projects;
- Proven people and project management skills with strong affinity to mentorship and coaching;
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals;
- Good understanding of wireless and wireline communication & networking technologies knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, 802.11);
- Good understanding of cloud-based solutions that include service oriented architectures and distributed systems management.
Qualifications and other requirements
- 10+ years of demonstrated professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in scaling and managing automotive software engineering teams including hiring/termination, onboarding, and performance management;
- Relevant experience in delivering software to Auto OEMs, or Tier-1 and Tier-2 providers;
- Experience in VDA 6.2 or similar
- Track-record of automotive software running in production vehicles;
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org