Who we are
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, our technology makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security.
At Veniam, we believe our success is enhanced by different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. It is not just about connecting vehicles and technology, it is also about connecting human beings and communities where everyone can feel free to be themselves. We are casual, flexible and pragmatic, but never forget to deliver the best possible work we can. These are our Core Values: Act Selflessly, Bring Grit, Deliver Excellence, Keep Learning and Own It.
What the role is
Our Embedded Software team is developing high-performance embedded software applications, that build up to create a vehicle operating system. Their work deliverables will be part of the services that enable thousands of vehicles deployed over multiple networks to move massive amounts of data between them and the Cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
What you will be owning
- Development of automotive-grade software on top of Linux-based operating systems that will run in different hardware platforms and reference architectures;
- Mentoring of other developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality;
- Translation of requirements from the automotive clients into technically attainable efforts;
- Coordination of work with the remaining engineering teams to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and production-ready solutions;
- Assessment of the feasibility of porting the Veniam embedded software stack to other hardware platforms and operating systems;
- Design and maintenance of key parts of the in-vehicle software architecture.
What you will need to have
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications;
- In-depth experience with C programming;
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux kernel subsystems and internals, including adding/changing/fixing device drivers, memory management and interrupt handling, and kernel interactions with user-space;
- Experience in kernel troubleshooting and crash debugging and analysis;
- Familiarity with scripting languages (such as Python);
- Practice with Git version control system;
- Experience with POSIX threading related mechanism;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions are preferred;
- Prior contact with Automotive Grade Linux or Android Auto is valued.
What we offer
- The chance to have a meaningful and positive impact in the world;
- Fair compensation and company stock options;
- A fast-paced work environment full of kind, smart and highly driven people;
- Outstanding professional and personal growth opportunities;
- Regular team-building events and well-being initiatives/facilities;
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy.
Then click apply, we can't wait to meet you!