About Your Role
As a Project Manager at Veniam, your mission is to drive the project’s success by enabling strong coordination between the different teams across the company. You will manage a set of projects (customer-oriented, internal and of improvement) making sure that they follow project management best practices and methodologies and that the promised results are delivered with the maximum quality, on time, and on budget.
- Ensure that the project teams follow defined project management methodologies and techniques while staying focused on delivering on scope, on time and on budget;
- Support close and smooth collaboration between and within teams and assure every member knows exactly what is expected of him/her;
- Make sure that project status is transparent and widely available and that all project issues are escalated when appropriate;
- Contribute to creating a lean/agile mindset and raise awareness at the leadership level for ways to apply it across the organization;
- Work together with leaders inside the company to help identify improvement opportunities that can be translated into successful projects.
- Proficiency in interacting with all levels of the client’s or partner’s organization, including technical and executive stakeholders;
- Ability to plan and monitor the execution of different types of projects while keeping teams engaged and motivated;
- Deep understanding of how to gather inputs, decide timely and manage conflicts in order to create and nurture healthy working relationships at all levels/teams;
- Eagerness to identify improvement opportunities and to act on it;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office - advanced Excel and data analysis skills are mandatory;
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL);
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment;
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly understand cutting-edge solutions.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, or similar;
- Proven working experience as an IT Project Manager;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- Working experience with networks will be valued;
- PMP certification will be valued.
We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.