About Your Role
As Veniam’s Office Operations Assistant you are a key element on the day-to-day office/facilities operations at Porto office, working within the People & Values team, in order to provide the best work conditions to employees, partners, clients, prospects and visitors from around the world. You are also responsible for office and administrative matters, guaranteeing quality, efficiency, and satisfaction with Veniam’s conditions and facilities.
- Manage Porto Office Facilities, assuring the adequate functioning of the office layout and office supplies by liaising with employees and facility management suppliers, as needed;
- Provide general support to ensure a great office experience to employees, partners, clients, prospects, and visitors;
- Perform general office clerk duties (e.g. receiving mail and packages, phone calls screening, document scanning, and archive, running errands and sorting incoming mail);
- Address Veniam teams queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery and travel arrangements/expense reports);
- Purchase requested material and equipment and manage inventory in coordination with the Head of Finance;
- Assist in planning and organizing company events, meetings and employee team building activities or special projects/events;
- Coordinate internal communication about well-being initiatives (e.g. birthday videos, newcomer ́s sharing, special events and moments);
- Work closely with the People and Values team in bringing new, fresh and creative ideas related to team and office experience.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken (eliminatory - only applications submitted fully in English will be considered);
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Microsoft Office, and Google Products;
- Strong aptitude to interpret, organize and prioritize information independently;
- Aptitude to assess, keep track and timely address general office needs;
- Ability to plan and execute events in accordance with the budget.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- High school diploma or college degree;
- Prior experience is appreciated;
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary;
- Warm personality with strong communication skills;
- Creative problem-solver with a solution-oriented mindset;
- Empathetic and professional attitude in all interactions;
- Team player.
We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world's largest auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.