About Your Role
As Cloud Services Team Manager at Veniam, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities, personal development and career plans of all members of Veniam’s Cloud Services Team. Under your leadership, the team develops critical Cloud services as well as the necessary cloud backend infrastructure to enable millions of vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
Your tasks as Cloud Team Manager includes estimating effort, assigning tasks, reporting progress, supporting the team and evaluating the performance of every team member.
- Drive the development of cloud services at Veniam by managing the day to day activities of the team, and fostering a cohesive and motivating working environment;
- Set targets, implement guidelines and assign tasks, taking into account team member capacities and satisfaction, team/company goals and schedule constraints;
- Ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work effectively to achieve them while being accountable for the on-time execution of all tasks with the highest standards of quality, security, compliance, and reliability;
- Work closely with the Cloud Tech Leader in all technical decisions to be made;
- Perform periodic appraisals for all team members, regarding performance, compensation, training needs/activities, role descriptions, and overall satisfaction;
- Work with the Head of Technology Management as well as product and project teams to understand the requirements and use-cases to be addressed through Veniam’s Cloud Backend and Frontend Services;
- Work closely with Vehicle Software and Data Services teams to properly define tasks in accordance with Veniam’s Technology Roadmap;
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to define all the tools and processes to carry out the preparation for the deployment in automotive platforms from Veniam customers;
- Assist in recruiting processes for Cloud-related technical positions when requested by the Head of Automotive Engineering (defining job descriptions according to team needs, performing scouting of candidates, attending to interviews, etc.).
- Fluency in SOA and Microservices cloud architectures;
- Skillful in leading teams in an Agile environment;
- Ability to review deliverables’ milestones, create resource plans and engineering effort allocation;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 5+ years experience in technical leadership roles;
- 3+ years of professional experience managing teams to deliver projects or cloud software releases;
- Experience in assuring coaching/team building and performance/career management.
We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world's largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.