About Your Role
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining tools to support operations and improve Veniam’s monitoring capabilities. You will also be working directly in debugging and solving customer’s issues and coordinating software rollouts with the development teams to make sure we deliver with excellence.
- Create and maintain tools that facilitate operations and increase Veniam’s monitoring capabilities;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Debug and implement solutions to solve customer’s issues;
- Work collaboratively with the Platform Engineering team to deploy Veniam’s software with excellence;
- Validate and assure the quality of the deployed functionalities while identifying defects and working with other engineers to find and fix their cause;
- Make recommendations to the Team Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit, and risk of said implementation.
- Solid knowledge of Unix System and scripting languages (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL);
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ language;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking;
- Experience with Git version control system;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 2+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented attitude.