About Your Role
As a Senior Embedded Automotive Engineer at Veniam, you will work on the integration of components developed by the Vehicle Software team in automotive platforms of Veniam’s partners and customers. Your deliverables will be part of the complete solution that enables our customer’s vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the Cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
- Proactively collaborate on the delivery of high-quality automotive solutions based on Veniam’s technology;
- Develop, adapt and/or integrate components of the embedded architecture of Veniam’s Platform, following well-defined quality, security, compliance and reliability requirements;
- Ensure that the work performed is documented following the team guidelines;
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high detail requirement sets;
- Understand the impact to customers/partners of reported issues pertaining to integration work, investigate their source and collaborate with the full-stack engineering team towards the solution;
- Research, learn and apply coding best practices, techniques and tools, enabling the creation of high-standard automotive solutions;
- Mentor Embedded Software Engineers both technically and culturally, sharing previous experiences and best practices with the team.
- Demonstrated expertise in embedded and distributed software architecture;
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming;
- Experience in MISRA C/C++ software development;
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, others);
- Expertise working in Linux environments.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar;
- Experience in developing software under automotive standards (A-SPICE, ISO-26262);
- Experience in automotive-specific embedded architecture (AUTOSAR, AGL, GDP, etc.) is valuable;
- Ability to work with network configuration is a plus.
We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.