Who we are
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, our technology makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security.
At Veniam, we believe our success is enhanced by different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. It is not just about connecting vehicles and technology, it is also about connecting human beings and communities where everyone can feel free to be themselves. We are casual, flexible and pragmatic, but never forget to deliver the best possible work we can. These are our Core Values: Act Selflessly, Bring Grit, Deliver Excellence, Keep Learning and Own It.
What the role is
Under your leadership, Veniam’s Product Lab team will work closely with the Product team and our customers to develop and iterate new concepts and related software on top of the Veniam Platform, including demos and proof-of-concept initiatives. As the Team Manager, you will be expected to organize and coordinate the day-to-day of the team, oversee their career plans, and look after their personal development. This team has capabilities in UI/UX, frontend and cloud backend, and we are counting on you to fill its gaps and leverage their diverse talents towards successful delivery.
You will keep a close relationship with the Product Management team and work together with Product Managers and the rest of the company to ensure the best outcome for Veniam’s business pursuits with prospects and customers. You will collaborate with the Engineering team to get the required level of support and alignment with the Veniam Platform.
What you will be owning
- Software development and quality control to achieve the requirements of Veniam’s demos and proofs-of-concept. This software will be developed on top of our core platform primarily for testing its capabilities, proving various use cases, and exploring new features with customers;
- Target definition, implementation of guidelines and assignment of tasks, taking into account each team member’s capacities and satisfaction, team/company goals, and schedule constraints;
- Accountability for the on-time execution of all according to the level of quality, security, compliance, and reliability required by each activity;
- Periodic appraisals for all team members regarding performance, compensation, training needs/activities, role descriptions, and overall satisfaction;
- Assistance in recruiting highly talented people with a good heart.
What you will need to have
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership roles and 3+ years of experience managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software;
- Knowledge in Linux/Arm-based system architectures and Cloud-based architectures (microservices, AWS, etc.);
- Skills in leading teams in Agile environments;
- Ability to plan and review milestones, create resource plans, and engineering effort allocation;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (eliminatory - only applications submitted fully in English will be considered);
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in IoT, computer networks or automotive software development is nice to have;
- Experience using Agile methodologies in an automotive-related industry is valuable.
What we offer
- The chance to have a meaningful and positive impact in the world;
- Fair compensation and company stock options;
- A fast-paced work environment full of kind, smart and highly driven people;
- Outstanding professional and personal growth opportunities;
- Regular team-building events and well-being initiatives/facilities;
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy.
Then click apply, we can't wait to meet you!