Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Veniam is redefining the concept of computer networks by turning vehicles into intelligent networking nodes that are able to move large amounts of data from and to the Cloud. By now, we have gathered more than 50 million miles of data from our main deployments in Porto, Singapore and New York that are allowing us to have a deeper level of understanding of the performance of vehicular networks in urban and industrial environments.
The Veniam’s Data team is now beginning a new chapter where we are using the data logged by vehicles and access points to create decision models that aim to optimize the performance of our networks. This is where you come in.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work in close collaboration with Veniam’s Head of Data on the architecture for data ingestion, processing and creation of machine learning models. Your team will be implementing data pipelines and automating model training by working closely with Data Scientists for designing the models, making experiments, answering questions and testing hypotheses. You will also work closely with Veniam’s Platform Engineering team in bringing your solutions into production. In Veniam, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge tools in a creative team that is always challenging itself!
If you love distributed systems, machine learning and AI, want to be part of a talented team that wants to hear your voice, if fun and work kind of mix together in your head, or if you are thrilled by reading this post, then, this job is for you! 🙂
- Drive Data Engineering at Veniam
- Propose improvements to the architecture
- Mentor Data Engineers
- Construct, validate and evaluate decision (and forecasting) models from data
- Coordinate the deployment of decision models in testbeds and production networks
- Automate the evaluation and tracking of the performance of decision models in testbeds and production networks
- Automate the construction of decision models from data streams, including automating data clean-up and pre-processing
As a Senior Data Engineer, we expect you to:
- have built data pipelines in the past for processing large amounts of data, either batch or streaming (e.g. using Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Hadoop, Apache Flink)
- have built machine learning models from large amounts of data and have deployed them in production environments
- know how to choose machine learning algorithms and their implementations given a problem and a set of constraints
- know how to run machine learning experiments
- feel that programming and databases are second nature to you
- be familiar with Scala, Java and or Python
- have experience in implementing cloud applications or distributed systems in general
- be thorough and detail-oriented
- love challenges
- love learning and sharing knowledge
- be a team-player who loves having fun
Qualifications and other requirements
- BSEE/CS, MSEE/CS, or PhD
We have no favourites, however we’ll love you more if you bring
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions
- Prior experience in implementing distributed AI systems
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com