Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Moving heavy and fragile, or even unstable and disperse things with sentimental value. Exactly, that’s an Engineering job. Data Engineers at Veniam are responsible for moving and rearranging the carbon atoms that make our most precious minerals. Your role will be to help us on that task!
Veniams’s vehicular networks are active data collection systems that are constantly gathering new information and sending it to the Cloud. Over a sequence of reactions the collected data is transformed and processed until reaching a state of higher refinement, our insights. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge tools in a creative team that is always challenging itself.
If you love distributed systems, want to be part of a talented team that wants to hear your voice, if fun and work kind of mix together in your head, or if you are thrilled by reading this post, then, this job is for you! 🙂
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Work together with Data Eng, Cloud Eng, Network Eng, and DevOps to build Veniam’s big-data pipeline;
- Implement resilient and secure data transformation processes;
- Develop monitoring applications that leverage all our network’s insights.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like: Python, Perl or Bash;
- Experience with at least one analytic world language: Scala, R or Python;
- Experience with the SMACK Stack (Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, Kafka);
- Plus for HDFS, Hive and ElasticSearch;
- Preferred knowledge in code automation using Jenkins;
- Experience in orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, DC/OS, Marathon, Terraform;
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum environments;
- Experience with Unit and Integration Testing.
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS preferred
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org