Veniam is delivering the number one data networking platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. For the past few years, we’ve been connecting cars, buses and trucks in cities like Porto, Singapore and New York, which helped us understand how we can move massive amounts of data between these vehicles and to the cloud. Our platform enables vehicles to talk to each other in all kinds of environments. Veniam’s platform combines multi-network architectures, data management and it guarantees low-latency fail-safe vehicle-to-cloud communications. We maximize the utility of vehicles by enabling them to become a lot more than simple machines that carry people and goods from place to place; it expands wireless internet access, improves the quality and the experience of mobility services.
About Your Role
Veniam’s DevOps team is responsible for working closely with the development team to ensure all software releases are delivered with the highest level of reliability and scalability. The team assures all production networks are running healthy and develops tools for high-quality continuous integration, continuous delivery and ultimately continuous improvement. The DevOps team also provides the QA team the environment required to test all software in a environment as similar as the production one as possible.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work closely with the development team to speed-up software rollout with quality and according to the specifications. You and your team will work closely with the the Platform Engineering and the QA teams to assure all software is delivered on time and matches the expected definition-of-done for our product and customers.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, and you will play an important role in the company’s mission while enjoying unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with the Platform Engineering team to deploy and operate the Veniam software;
- Validate and assure quality of Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and work with other engineers to find and fix the cause;
- Integrate different features/binaries/apps into the Veniam’s Platform to deliver according to specifications;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured release plans;
- Produce, review and assure the correctness of the necessary technical documentation that relates to software validation and integration of Veniam software;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Provide recommendations for the strategy of DevOps at Veniam and suggested actions for improvement;
- Make recommendations to the DevOps Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies;
- Collaborate with the Product and Platform Engineering team to ensure consistent functionality development execution;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Solid knowledge of Unix System and scripting languages (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Basic knowledge of C language;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking
- Experience with Git version control system
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
Qualifications and other requirements
- 2+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org