We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a member of the security team you will be responsible for ensuring security in high-performance, secure, low-latency and automotive-grade software aligned the industry standards and regulatory compliance levels. That software will enable vehicles over multiple vehicular deployments to communicate with others and with the Internet/Cloud in a secure and low-latency way, enabling them to exchange terabytes of data in a low-cost and high-performing way! If you like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve security operations, incident analysis and response time;
- Monitor for security indicators by correlating and analyzing a variety of application, network and host-based security logs;
- Develop anomaly detection dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious activity, and intrusions;
- Perform hunting exercises using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data and historical data;
- Develop scripts, processes and content to improve detective capabilities;
- Research industry trends, security threats and new security testing tools;
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and technologies;
- Participate in Red/Blue team activities, turning findings into actionable detections and mitigations;
- Conduct frequent security audits, assessing platform security and deliver appropriate reports;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Work in a world-class engineering team every day.
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, PKI, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation;
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols;
- Proficiency in scripting/coding languages: Python, Perl, Ruby and Node JS;
- Profound knowledge of operational security tools and practices;
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development.
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have
- 3+ years of experience related to cybersecurity engineering, architecture or SOC
- Experience working in an embedded software, cloud or internet software company preferred. Automotive experience is a plus
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org