Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Our Engineering team delivers integrated full-stack networking solutions with all the hardware, software, and cloud based components that are required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
Veniam Cloud infrastructure provides core services to manage and monitor vehicular networks deployed all over the World. With the goal of ingesting Terabytes of data per day while offering low-latency services that are critical for the performance of the connected vehicle networks, Veniam cloud provides complex challenges everyday, at the tip of the edge.
As a member of the security team you will be responsible for ensuring security in high-performance, secure, low-latency and automotive-grade software aligned the industry standards and regulatory compliance levels. That software will enable vehicles over multiple vehicular deployments to communicate with others and with the Internet/Cloud in a secure and low-latency way, enabling them to exchange terabytes of data in a low-cost and high-performing way! If you like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve security operations, incident analysis and response time
- Monitor for security indicators by correlating and analyzing a variety of application, network and host-based security logs
- Develop anomaly detection dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious activity, and intrusions
- Perform hunting exercises using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data and historical data
- Develop scripts, processes and content to improve detective capabilities
- Research industry trends, security threats and new security testing tools
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and technologies
- Participate in Red/Blue team activities, turning findings into actionable detections and mitigations
- Conduct frequent security audits, assessing platform security and deliver appropriate reports
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Work in a world-class engineering team every day
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, PKI, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Proficiency in scripting/coding languages: Python, Perl, Ruby and Node JS
- Profound knowledge of operational security tools and practices
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have
- 3+ years of experience related to cybersecurity engineering, architecture or SOC
- Experience working in an embedded software, cloud or internet software company preferred. Automotive experience is a plus.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org