Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
As Head of the Engineering team at Veniam, you lead, inspire and scale up the diverse engineering teams who develop and deliver the Veniam platform to world-class automotive OEMs and other key players in autonomous vehicles and future mobility. In particular, you are excited about ensuring the on-time delivery of software with the highest quality standards of security, compliance and reliability. Moreover, you make decisive contributions to the company strategy and are co-responsible for creating the conditions for every team member to feel appreciated and achieve his or her goals.
Our Engineering team is delivering the necessary embedded and cloud-based software platform to move terabytes of data between vehicles and the cloud. Beyond building an automotive-grade, secure, and reliable network of vehicles that are connected to each other and the Internet, the Veniam platform is able to provide each application with the right vehicle data flow with the right quality of service and level of security.
All team members at Veniam collaborate actively towards an open minded and open hearted culture that creates opportunities for everyone to grow both professionally and personally. If you love to be surrounded by smart, kind and hard working colleagues who want to make a difference, then Veniam is the place for you.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Define, measure, and own the day-to-day implementation plan for the team, working closely with the product team, engineering leads, and the CTO.
- Mentor and grow a world-class engineering team to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Coordinate teams to deliver high quality embedded and cloud-based software on time, within budget and with the required functionality
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Experience in scaling teams who shipped embedded critical software and cloud solutions to automotive industry or similar.
- Solid wireless and wireline communication & networking technologies knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, 802.11).
- Solid knowledge in cloud-based solutions that include service oriented architectures and distributed systems management.
- Experience in system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance in a Embedded Linux environment.
- Experience with automotive-grade software development best practices, certifications, and procedures.
- Experience with open-source software development.
- Proven people and project management skills with strong affinity to mentorship and coaching.
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals.
- 10+ years of demonstrated professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- Demonstrated experience in scaling and managing engineering teams including hiring/termination, onboarding, and performance management.
- Experience in automotive/critical software industry is prefered (Autosar, Fusi, Genivi, Automotive Linux)
- MBA is a bonus point.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org