Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
We know that culture separates great companies from good ones. As Head of People & Values, you’ll be owning our People initiatives, helping us to cultivate an environment that can attract, develop and retain amazing people.
Among them, you’ll help manage execution of talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, training and leadership development programs, learning and knowledge management systems, and help us improve upon our HR processes and services. You’ll be the primary steward of our culture, overseeing our activities and events.
The ideal candidate is an executive with 8+ years of HR/People experience who’s worked in a fast-paced environment, wants to be a difference maker, is eager to work closely with the Management team, and feels connected to our purpose. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, matched by project management capabilities that leaves no task undefined. You can think strategically but implement iteratively. You are a model of our key values – Bring Grit, Act Selflessly, Deliver Excellence, Keep Learning and Own It. You are a culture carrier and shaper who brings passion and positive energy to everything you encounter.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Develop goals and strategy for People, aligning with business objectives and the selection, development and retention of team members
- Manage talent acquisition, leading senior leader recruiting, and overseeing recruiting and onboarding processes
- Manage talent development, including performance management, training and leadership development, career progression, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management
- Manage human resources, including HR services, policies and compensation strategy
- Manage culture activities, including events and team meetings with project management of content development, logistics, team engagement, content capture, and management of administrative resource(s)
- Communicate updates on people initiatives across the company, and act as primary liaison to internal committees and working groups
- Evaluate and implement technology platforms and processes to support the execution of initiatives
- Run point on management communications, such as internal updates and all-hands meetings
- BS/MA in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar.
- Experience in leading people and human resources initiatives. You know what to prioritize and how to execute from experience.
- Background in Talent acquisition. You know how to recruit top talent, and train and manage others to do the same.
- Love for Talent Development. You love coaching, training, and developing programs to make people better.
- Demonstrated commitment to being an expert. You stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in people operations. You network with others in your field, and may even be SHRM or SPHR certified.
- Data Driven. You embrace using data and metrics to drive a people operations strategy
- Experience in High Growth Companies. You know what it means to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment without the infrastructure (and bureaucracy) of a larger company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Your friends all came to you to proofread their papers in college. You must be fluent in Portuguese as well as English.
- Exceptional people skills. You can work with people at any level of the organization.
- Passion for our mission. You relate to our mission to ensure that the future of youth and local sports is even better than its past.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to email@example.com