Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
The Head of People and Values is the one person everyone turns to for the key strategies, policies, processes and social activities related to people and culture at Veniam, including happiness management, organizational planning, recruitment, selection, employee onboarding, engagement, team building, career management, performance evaluation, leadership development, coaching programs, and mentoring relationships.. Based in Porto and reporting to the CEO, you will design and implement exciting programs for our whole team world-wide.
As Head of People and Values, you will further be accountable for providing vital data and context information to support the decisions of our management team as well as the healthy and sustainable scale up of our team. You will be responsible for building, communicating and advising on P&V metrics and success indicators that play a crucial role in strategy and decision-making. You shall be an ambassador of our Culture and Values, leading the consolidation of a healthy and positive working environment defined by exceptional levels of well-being, engagement, motivation and performance. A key part of your role is to ensure that Veniam is perceived both internally and externally as an outstanding place to work, where people are genuinely good to each other and have every opportunity to do great work and grow towards the best version of themselves, both personally and professionally.
- Design and implement P&V strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Develop and monitor P&V strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Contribute as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team, providing P&V metrics and information to support decision-making
- Lead and develop P&V department and its staff members
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing engagement, motivation and retention
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Define and implement career plans and methods for performance appraisal
- Design and implement annual training programs
- Nurture a fun and healthy work environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of English. knowledge of other languages is nice-to-have
- Solid knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, recruitment, and employee relations, engagement and development
- Extensive understanding of worldwide trends in people management
- Organized, multi-tasking and results-oriented.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- BS/MA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar.
- 5 – 10 years experience in HR management of similar, preferably in high-growth startups
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com