We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Project Manager’s main mission is to drive project success by enabling strong coordination between the different teams across the company. He/she manages a set of projects (customer-oriented, internal and improvement) making sure that they follow project management best practices and methodologies and deliver the promised results with maximum quality on time and on budget.
- Ensure that project teams follow defined project management methodologies and techniques while staying focused on delivering projects on scope, on time and on budget;
- Ensure that project teams are collaborating closely and smoothly and that every resource inside the project team knows exactly what is expected of him/her;
- Ensure that project status is transparent and widely available;
- Ensure that all project issues are escalated when appropriate;
- Contribute to creating a lean/agile mindset and raise awareness at the leadership level for ways to apply it across the organization;
- Work together with leaders inside the company to help identify improvement opportunities that can be translated into successful projects.
- Ability to plan and monitor the execution of different types of projects;
- Ability to coordinate project teams while keeping them engaged and motivated;
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively;
- Ability to assess and understand the strategic importance of any project;
- Ability to manage conflicts and reach consensus;
- Ability to gather inputs, decide timely and escalate when necessary;
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities;
- Ability to create and nurture healthy relationships with partners and customers;
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills;
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the client or partner organization, including technical and executive stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel and data analysis skills are required;
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL);
- Experience working in Linux / Unix environment;
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly understand cutting-edge solutions.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Degree and/or Master in computer science, Electronic and Telecommunications, Engineering or similar;
- Proven working experience managing projects or programs that deliver software to automotive players;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- Working experience with networks will be valued;
- PMP certification will be valued.