We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world's largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Office Operations Assistant is a key element on the day-to-day office/facilities operations at Porto office, working closely with the Head of Site Operations, in order to provide the best work conditions to employees, partners, clients, prospects and visitors from around the world.
The Office Operations Assistant is also responsible for office and administrative matters, guaranteeing quality, efficiency, and satisfaction with Veniam’s conditions and facilities.
- Manage Porto Office Facilities, assuring the adequate functioning of the office layout and office supplies by liaising with employees and facility management suppliers, as needed;
- Provide general support to ensure a great office experience to employees, partners, clients, prospects, and visitors;
- Perform general office clerk duties (e.g. receiving mail and packages, phone calls screening, document scanning, and archive, running errands and sorting incoming mail);
- Address Veniam teams queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery and travel arrangements) and assist with travel and expense reports;
- Purchase requested material and equipment in coordination with the Head of Site Operations;
- Assist in planning and organizing company events, meetings and employee team building activities or special projects/events;
- Prepare presentations/proposals and relevant statistical reports, contributing to internal quality processes, automatization and work efficiency;
- Work closely with the Site Operations team in bringing new, fresh and creative ideas.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken, knowledge of other languages is nice-to-have;
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Microsoft Office, and Google Products;
- Strong aptitude to interpret, organize and prioritize information independently;
- Aptitude to assess, keep track and timely address general office needs;
- Ability to plan and execute events in accordance with the budget;
- Ability to analyze and negotiate suppliers and partners’ proposals.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- High school diploma or college degree;
- Prior experience is appreciated;
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary;
- Warm personality with strong communication skills;
- Creative problem-solver with a solution-oriented mindset;
- Empathetic and professional attitude in all interactions;
- Team player.