We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world's largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As Chief Operating Officer (COO), leader of Veniam’s operational excellence and co-creator of our company culture, you are responsible for overseeing all activities related to operations, finance and accounting, site management and customer/network support. The COO reports on day-to-day operations to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), while keeping them appraised of overall execution, KPIs, internal communications and significant events. Ultimately, you are responsible for creating a coherent, ambitious and efficient operational plan, communicating it effectively to all our team members, and fostering their alignment with corporate goals and outstanding delivery.
Maximizing the productivity of our startup in service to Veniam’s clients, team and investors, while driving high and sustainable growth is of central importance to you as COO. Towards that end, you will hire and develop the best professionals as well as provide them with everything they need to succeed.
- Establish Veniam’s operations culture by designing and implementing strategies, plans, and business processes;
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the managers in charge of Site Operations, Business Operations, Finance, and Customer/Technical Support;
- Hire professionals, develop their talent and build world-class teams, by setting comprehensive goals and assessment methods for performance and growth;
- Contribute towards setting Veniam’s strategic direction, development, and future growth, by establishing policies that promote company culture and vision;
- Provide leadership to department heads and team leads in a way that amplifies the company’s culture, vision and core values;
- Lead a continuous improvement program on business operations and processes that increases our company's efficiency, effectiveness and competitive advantage;
- Act as a good steward of Veniam’s resources, ensuring the financial discipline of the company budget;
- Provide thought leadership in areas that are vital to Veniam’s brand while representing the company at external events with grace and excellence;
- Help all other members of the SLT remove their roadblocks and achieve their goals.
- Prior work as a VP of Operations, COO, CFO and/or CEO;
- Experience in scaling startups;
- Experience in process improvement, change management and systems implementation
- Deep understanding of business functions (operations, finance, and technical support);
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Experience driving data analysis and establishing performance/operations metrics to aid in scaling businesses;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken (any other language is a plus).
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Higher education in Engineering with deep experience in Operations, Business and Administration, preferably in product companies shipping software and hardware;
- 15+ years of management experience;
- Additional, experience in merging, transitioning, and restructuring is a plus;
- Practical knowledge of the software industry and/or automotive industry is a plus;
- Ability to actively communicate with, inspire and motivate all levels of staff;
- Eagerness and predisposition to learn and keep up with market developments and technological advancements;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Mastery of Excel, Powerpoint, Word for building work artifacts such as process maps, playbooks, etc.;
- Exemplary work ethics.