Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About your role
A Sales Engineer at Veniam is responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of interactions with prospect customers and partners towards delivering the Veniam products to the market.
Sales Engineers work closely with the Head of Tech Partnerships and the Sales Team and are accountable for supporting technical engagements with customers and partners. Sales Engineers are also responsible for consulting multiple teams inside Veniam to assess the feasibility of the solutions proposed to customers and to secure resources from these teams whenever necessary.
- Analyse business opportunities from a technical perspective;
- Gather information from customers about their challenges;
- Design solutions for customers given their challenges, consulting the due internal parties;
- Participate in technical-sales meetings to discuss Veniam’s solutions and their integration with customer and partner systems;
- Communicate customer requirements back to the Veniam product and technology teams;
- Work with external partners and third-parties to ensure best possible compatibility of Veniam’s platform;
- Identify new technology trends on industry, customer and partner side that need to be incorporated in future releases;
- Act as initial point of contact for all technical queries from assigned customers;
- Analyse and coordinate responses to RFQs, RFPs and RFIs;
- Work with the Project Management Office on project budgets and resource allocations;
- Assist the Sales Team in technical qualification of potential projects;
- Work with Marketing and Product Marketing to drive the development and quality of technical materials (presentations, whitepapers, documentation) produced to support specific customer and partner activities;
- Collaborate in the development of best practices, processes and materials for the technical aspects of the sales process (e.g. workshops, discovery sessions, demonstrations, etc.);
- Help sales, technology and other company teams fill their knowledge gaps about Veniam’s technology in order to achieve their goals;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
- Strong understanding of wireless communication systems;
- Strong understanding of wired communication systems;
- Strong understanding of network design;
- Experience with industry-standard network equipment;
Qualifications and other requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Industrial Engineering;
- 1-2 years’ experience in pre-sales;
- Flexibility to travel internationally and on short notice if required.
We have no favourites, however we’ll love you more if you bring
- Prior experience working with the Automotive industry;
- Proficient knowledge of French, German or Italian.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com