Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Our Engineering team delivers integrated full-stack networking solutions with all the hardware, software, and cloud based components that are required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
Veniam Cloud infrastructure provides core services to manage and monitor vehicular networks deployed all over the World. With the goal of ingesting Terabytes of data per day while offering low-latency services that are critical for the performance of the connected vehicle networks, Veniam cloud provides complex challenges everyday, at the tip of the edge.
As a member of the cloud development team you will be responsible to developing high-performance backend services. Those services shall support the multiple geographic vehicular deployments and ingest terabytes of data at low latency, and securely! If you like to develop scalable and secure solutions whose impact will be global for key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Gather requirements and translate them to realistic yet ingenious approaches to solve specific technical challenges in cloud-based services and applications.
- Implementing the delivery of scalable and secure high-performance cloud backend services and applications
- Ability to own responsibility and accountability of the development of an assigned task.
- Coordinate work with cloud team and remaining knowledge groups in embedded software and DevOps to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and ingenious solutions
- Work in a world-class engineering team every day.
- Experience in leading the development of high-performance multi-geography (and secure!) backend frameworks
- Experience in relational databases such as MySQL, PostGres and PipelineDB as well as NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Redis
- Experience in high performance data queueing platforms such Kafka, ZeroMQ, and RabbitMQ
- Prefered knowledge in code automation using Puppet, Chef, or others
- Experience in orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Terraform
- Proved experience in working, building, and mentoring teams of young, scrappy, and hungry cloud backend developers (Bonus if you know which Broadway musical births that expression)
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum environments
- 6+ years in cloud backend services development
- Experience in implementing successful high-performance server-side applications (proud of thousands of hits/second)
- Desired prior experience in at least one of the following (in-memory caching systems, data visualization, distributed computation and systems architecture, big-data processing)
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to email@example.com