Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Veniam embedded software team delivers the kernel and user-space services and applications that interact with the Hardware and Cloud components part of full-stack networking solutions required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
As a member of the embedded software team you will be responsible to developing high-performance, secure, low-latency and automotive-grade software on top of Linux-based operating systems that will run in different automotive hardware platforms and reference architectures. That software will enable vehicles deployed over multiple vehicular deployments to communicate with others and with the Internet/Cloud in a secure and low-latency way, enabling them to exchange terabytes of data in a low-cost and high-performing way! If you like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Be part of the embedded software team and help this team to grow
- Mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Translate requirements coming from the automotive sector into technical feasibility efforts
- Coordinate work with cloud team and remaining knowledge groups in embedded software and DevOps to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and production-ready solutions
- Evaluate the feasibility of porting the Veniam embedded software stack to other hardware platforms and operating systems
- Design and maintain key parts of the in-vehicle software architecture
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications
- In-depth experience with C programming
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux kernel sub-systems and internals, among the following: adding/changing/fixing device drivers, memory management and interrupt handling, kernel interactions with user-space, etc.
- Experience in kernel troubleshooting and crash debugging and analysis
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python)
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking
- Experience with Git version control system is a plus
- Experience with POSIX threading related mechanism is a plus
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org