Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Veniam’s Engineering team is delivering the data networking platform that includes the embedded networking software and cloud-based components required to move massive amounts of data between connected vehicles and the cloud.Veniam’s Embedded Systems team delivers the kernel and user-space services and applications that interact with the Hardware and Cloud components part of full-stack networking solutions required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
As a Senior member of the Embedded Systems team you will be responsible to developing high-performance, secure, low-latency and automotive-grade software on top of Linux-based operating systems that will run in different automotive hardware platforms and reference architectures. Your software will enable thousands of vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
If you would like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
- Be part of the embedded software team and help this team to grow
- Mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Translate requirements coming from the automotive sector into technical feasibility efforts
- Coordinate work with cloud team and remaining knowledge groups in embedded software and DevOps to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and production-ready solutions
- Evaluate the feasibility of porting the Veniam embedded software stack to other hardware platforms and operating systems
- Design and maintain key parts of the in-vehicle software architecture
- In-depth experience with C programming
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux kernel subsystems and internals, among the following: adding/changing/fixing device drivers, memory management and interrupt handling, kernel interactions with user-space, etc.
- Experience in kernel troubleshooting and crash debugging and analysis
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python)
- Experience with Git version control system
- Experience with POSIX threading related mechanism
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking
Qualifications and other requirements
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
We have no favourites, however we’ll love you more if you bring
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions.
- Prior experience in Automotive Grade Linux or Android Auto
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to email@example.com