We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Tech Writer supports the written internal and external technical communication of Veniam’s product and technologies to its customers and partners. The Tech Writer is responsible for gathering written and oral information from Engineering, the PMO, Product and Marketing teams and integrating it into concise technical documentation to be used by technology, sales, and marketing professionals. The Tech Writer is also responsible for maintaining and controlling the quality of all internal technical documentation about Veniam platform, architecture and features.
As a member of the Tech organization, the Tech Writer will report directly to the Head of Technology Management and IP, from whom he/she gets guidance and instruction regarding the activities required and the coordination with all the required stakeholders.
- Acquire product and technology related information from engineering teams and turning it into plain and accurate written materials for technology, sales, and marketing professionals;
- Write and maintain technical documentation about Veniam platform, architecture and features;
- Engage and follow-up with technical legal, standardization and compliance companies and teams;
- Manage the IP portfolio written content, as well as all the tech-related documentation on trade-secrets, trademarks compliance and certification;
- Collaborate with the QA team to write detailed tech requirements based on the information provided by the engineering, product and project teams;
- Write, publish, and maintain tech blogs, case-studies and white papers;
- Write Veniam user manuals, installation manuals, service manuals as required;
- Maintain a document control system with the most up-to-date documentation as well as past information for version control.
- Extensive knowledge of technical language usage in the fields of electronics, computer software, networks, and cloud systems;
- Proficiency with all kinds of word processing and presentation software programs (Microsoft, Adobe, Google Docs), version control, and online publishing;
- Experience with publications development and external documentation;
- Proficient at English, written and spoken.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- 5+ years in-depth technical writing within a sales engineering and technical writing environment;
- High education degree in a relevant field.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org